Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Welcome New Members! *Read here first* (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/welcome-new-members-read-here-first/)
-   -   New member from NJ (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/welcome-new-members-read-here-first/420959-new-member-nj.html)

SugarShane 12-28-2012 05:20 AM

New member from NJ

Hello everyone, my name is Shane and i'm a collecting addict! I would like to start off by saying it's an honor to finally be apart of the Blowoutcards crew! I have been waiting around 3 weeks to have my account validated and it was well worth the wait. I have followed the boards for a few months until making a decision to join.

I collect mostly Football with the exception to some baseball. I currently reside in New Jersey but due to the recent storm of Hurricane Sandy I have been staying with family in PA due to the damage on our home. These past months have been very hard on my family and I. We lost our dog, a vehicle, irreplaceable items such as photos, family jewelry and other items. On top of that there was water damage to our home which has ruined it completely.

Most of my collection was destroyed during this but I can say that I thank god that my family is alive and well. Everything that I collected within the past 15 years is gone. I have come to realize that things like this can easily be replaced. I collect 49ers, Rookie QB's, some running backs and also auto's of starting QB's.

In my time here I will be looking to start my collection off from the bottom and work my way up. I don't really have anything in my collection so for now I won't be trading but only purchasing. After I make a purchase or two if I see something I like then I might offer what I have for trade. I look forward to dealing with everyone here and hope to have a great time. I hope soon enough to gain respect of the members on this board and become a well liked regular. Once again, thanks for having me and I look forward to speaking and dealing with you.

Sincerely,
Shane

TrueNE_09 12-28-2012 08:50 AM

Shane - first and foremost, [B]VERY[/B] sorry to hear about all the trouble related to Sandy. I can't imagine losing those things, but the dog part makes me the most sad :(. I wish you and your family the quickest of recoveries.

Myself and all the other folks around here on Blowout can certainly help you get that collection back up to speed, that's for sure!

Very glad to have you - and hit me up with a PM anytime you'd like for anything! :)!

MikeWilliamsFan 12-28-2012 09:35 AM

I live in jersey too, but closer to Philly, so we didn't get hit very hard. Sorry to hear about what happened, I can't imagine losing my dog. Welcome to the boards!

SugarShane 12-28-2012 05:56 PM

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
Shane

TheHeel 12-28-2012 05:58 PM

Welcome!:)

barberromo2008 12-28-2012 06:02 PM

Welcome to the forums Shane. What a shame that your cards were ruined.

ManInTheMirror 12-28-2012 06:03 PM

Welcome, we are glad to have you.

stera8 12-28-2012 08:13 PM

What area do you live in man?? Ocean county here...hope you rebuild soon

rutgersjpm 12-29-2012 05:14 PM

Welcome aboard. I'm from Jersey as well and recently started posting. Sorry to hear about your hardships and I wish you nothing but good mojo in 2013. Also, if you hear about any worthwhile volunteering opportunities to help out down there I'm all ears. I recently recovered from a pretty serious foot injury, so I was immobilized when the storm hit and the weeks following, but I'm all healed up and looking to help.

SugarShane 12-31-2012 05:00 AM

[QUOTE=rutgersjpm;3911217]Welcome aboard. I'm from Jersey as well and recently started posting. Sorry to hear about your hardships and I wish you nothing but good mojo in 2013. Also, if you hear about any worthwhile volunteering opportunities to help out down there I'm all ears. I recently recovered from a pretty serious foot injury, so I was immobilized when the storm hit and the weeks following, but I'm all healed up and looking to help.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for keeping the faith. I have actually been doing alot of volunteer work over at the PAL building on Drum Point Rd in Brick. They have been more then greatful for the help and anything that I can do to give back to my town is a great feeling. I hope your injurys aren't too bad and wish you a quick, safe recovery.

[QUOTE=stera8;3906336]What area do you live in man?? Ocean county here...hope you rebuild soon[/QUOTE]

I also live in Ocean County. I reside in the township of Brick. How about yourself? Also, thanks for the kind words. Were you affected at all during this storm?

xbignick 12-31-2012 05:08 AM

Live in Hudson County here, welcome.

stera8 01-01-2013 11:50 PM

[QUOTE=SugarShane;3923742]

I also live in Ocean County. I reside in the township of Brick. How about yourself? Also, thanks for the kind words. Were you affected at all during this storm?[/QUOTE]

Lacey.... and I live a mile in from the Bay, so end of my development got evacuated but I lucked out with only a few shingles missing and some neighbors had trees crash on cars and stuff..Around the neighborhood, obviously some Bay homes got wrecked and in the pines, trees were down everywhere but yeah.... I heard certain parts of Brick was a mess. However, I do find it amazing how quickly this clean up is going. Good luck with everything. "Restore The Shore"

Exquisite Man 04-30-2013 05:39 PM

This was all probably a lie to this dirt bag.

jrm79 04-30-2013 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=Exquisite Man;4795428]This was all probably a lie to this dirt bag.[/QUOTE]

It is because if you go by the other threads he lives in pemberton which is in burlington county, he was just running another scam trying to get people to feel bad for him. I used to live up that way before I move to FL.