Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New member from Florida

Just checking in, finally got approved to post.

I am in Brevard County, Florida, USA, and I collect the following cards:

wrestling (80's-present)
celebrities
historical
football (usually sorted by college)
basketball (NBA, not a fan of college basketball)
baseball (not nearly as much as I used to)
Olympics
DC Comics
Marvel Comics
and assorted movies and tv shows

I like to buy random packs here or there, but my biggest joy comes from buying cheap sets, and breaking them up so I can alphabetize them by individual.

I like vertically-oriented cards, and I try to find single-subject cards instead of multi-subject cards where possible. And I don't really want or need graded cards, but I check in on the PSA boards every so often.

I also have an eBay store which I'm trying to decide whether to dump it, or just do better with stocking it. I'm not sure, sales have been slow, but I blame myself.

I look forward to posting when I can.
flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to waxgeeks

Welcome! Just joined here last month. From Broward county. Enjoy the site!
waxgeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome to Blowout and you have a lot of things you collect.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hello waxgeeks and barber,

Good to see another Florida face, it's looks like there are quite a few people in Florida around here.

Yes, I do have a lot of things, but I don't go for the high-dollar items in any category really. I like the quantity over the quality, so it's a lot easier to manage financially.

For example, I really like Score Football, so I can pick up 97 cent packs at Wal-Mart just for fun.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome from miami
fduran27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you, fduran. What kinds of cards do you collect?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Welcome, from the other end of the coast (Boston!).

Good to have you!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Welcome. Nice to see someone is in the hobby for strictly fun and not just to make a buck.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thank you True and Allday.

It's great to see people from all over the country like this.

Allday, I've definitely sold some cards here or there, but I don't crack to resell. I have sold extras, and if I ever pulled one of those 5000 dollar cards, I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

But truly, I do collect because of my love for the things associated with the cards. I've been a wrestling fan since I was a small boy, I've always loved football, and things like Star Wars and Jurassic Park, so I collect those cards.

Over the last few years I've really tried to add celebrities to my collection, but there are so many! But yeah, I think stuff like parallels and refractors are quite nifty, but if I don't pull them, it's okay.

So my main focus right now is bulking up and organizing my wrestling collection (the Divas are organized, I just need to work on the guys), and adding football cards of guys like Kellen Moore and Robert Griffin to the old collection.

I'm very interested to see when the first licensed Johnny Manziel card comes out, most likely a Sports Illustrated for Kids, maybe?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint View Post
Thank you True and Allday.

It's great to see people from all over the country like this.

Allday, I've definitely sold some cards here or there, but I don't crack to resell. I have sold extras, and if I ever pulled one of those 5000 dollar cards, I'd sell it in a heartbeat.

But truly, I do collect because of my love for the things associated with the cards. I've been a wrestling fan since I was a small boy, I've always loved football, and things like Star Wars and Jurassic Park, so I collect those cards.

Over the last few years I've really tried to add celebrities to my collection, but there are so many! But yeah, I think stuff like parallels and refractors are quite nifty, but if I don't pull them, it's okay.

So my main focus right now is bulking up and organizing my wrestling collection (the Divas are organized, I just need to work on the guys), and adding football cards of guys like Kellen Moore and Robert Griffin to the old collection.

I'm very interested to see when the first licensed Johnny Manziel card comes out, most likely a Sports Illustrated for Kids, maybe?
I sell doubles mostly and sell somethings only if its for a PC Card I really want. I agree with you that Johnny Manziel will probably be first appeared in sports illustrated with his first card. Well welcome to the boards and good luck withy the collection!