Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New member from Nebraska

Hi All,

Dropping a line to introduce myself. I'm a long time lurker but first time poster.
I live in western Nebraska. I've been collecting since I was 7 so 23 years of sportscard hobby addiction. I collect football and baseball. My main interest is rookie cards and rookie autos. I'm a die-hard Denver Broncos and University of Colorado fan, so I collect cards of those current and former players. Within baseball, I'm a Rockies and Red Sox fan and collect rookies of players from those teams. Also, I love busting vintage football and baseball packs.
I hope to make some connections, deals, and trades here. I'm cleaning up my collection and selling some cards on the Bay that I have duplicates of or just want to move. I'm honest and fair, so check out those listings...not a lot right now.
I cannot wait for Contenders and Magic!

Cheers!
Sheld505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome fellow Nebraskan. I live in Eastern Nebraska, but originally from Western Nebraska. Where are you from?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good to have a fellow Nebraskan! I'm originally from Denver but now in Alliance. Where in western NE are you from? Do any turkey hunting, by chance?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to the boards!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome to blowout. I am sorry but I do not have any broncos since I sold off most during there playoff run this season.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Great to have you, welcome aboard!

415 is yours, homie.
TrueNE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheld505 View Post
Good to have a fellow Nebraskan! I'm originally from Denver but now in Alliance. Where in western NE are you from? Do any turkey hunting, by chance?
I'm originally from the North Platte area. I don't do any turkey hunting, but there are a few other Nebraska members on here and I'm sure a few of them do.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
I'm originally from the North Platte area. I don't do any turkey hunting, but there are a few other Nebraska members on here and I'm sure a few of them do.
Turkeys are smarter than they look on TV. Makes them fun to hunt and even harder to shoot. The ticks are rather large out here too, BTW.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Turkeys are smarter than they look on TV. Makes them fun to hunt and even harder to shoot. The ticks are rather large out here too, BTW.
Haha! Yes they are!! I have 3 dogs that I have to constantly rub down every summer. Nebraska is actually a pretty great state to live in. Easy going, cost of living is not bad, and being able to experience all 4 seasons can be a good thing.

Last edited by nephinfan; 01-19-2013 at 12:03 AM.
nephinfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Nephinfan,
I hear you. I've got two Labs and am constantly checking them. Nebraska is a great place and I'm thankful to be here. My friends think I'm nuts but the people here are genuine, hard-working, fun-loving and the cost of living, lack of traffic, and fishing/hunting are great benefits! Haven't made it to eastern NE yet but I will this summer for the CWS.

Thanks to all for the welcome!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Nephinfan,
I hear you. I've got two Labs and am constantly checking them. Nebraska is a great place and I'm thankful to be here. My friends think I'm nuts but the people here are genuine, hard-working, fun-loving and the cost of living, lack of traffic, and fishing/hunting are great benefits! Haven't made it to eastern NE yet but I will this summer for the CWS.

Thanks to all for the welcome!
You'll love the CWS. I live 25 minutes away from the park and I love being able to grab some tickets the day of the game and heading out for the game. Check out Werner Park for an Omaha StormChasers (Royals AAA team) sometime. It's a great park and not a bad seat in the house.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Welcome to the BO forums Little bit concerned with the live in Nebraska but a Colorado Buffalo fan Just kidding, you can root for whichever team you want to root for. I turkey hunt and I hate those ticks.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Nice I like Broncos too, Eric Decker is in my pc.
firefighter1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
Welcome to the BO forums Little bit concerned with the live in Nebraska but a Colorado Buffalo fan Just kidding, you can root for whichever team you want to root for. I turkey hunt and I hate those ticks.
Yeah, I'm a CU alum. I catch heck for it a lot out here.

Turkey hunting really is a blast. Are you in NE Jusdukky?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

from Omaha, NE welcome to the boards!
huskerman47 is online now   Reply With Quote