Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New member from pa

Hey, how's it going? New member from the philadelphia area here. I am a fan of the four major sports teams in the area, phillies, eagles, flyers, sixers and collect all Brian Dawkins. I have been doing breaks on blowout tv for several months but this is my first time in the forum. I am looking to sell some of my collection as it is getting out of hand and taking over my house. Any help on how to post pictures on the message boards would be appreciated.( I don't have a scanner) Also, when posting sales, what percent of ebay is usually posted for prices? Thank you in advance for the help!
adamrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome aboard.

As far as posting pics is concerned, if you don't have a scanner, just snap a pic with phone, and send it to your email. Then download the pic to a computer from your email. Then visit one of the upload sites (TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting, etc) and upload the photo file there - it will provide you with a URL that you then copy and paste into the thread (here on Blowout) where you want the pic to show up. It is pretty straight forward - just have to do it once or twice to get used to it. PM me if you have trouble.

Not sure about the % of eBay sales question, but I think most usually try to go about in line with recent completed eBay sales. No one uses "book value" from Beckett, so don't bother, it won't get you anywhere. I'd say stay in line with eBay, but don't go much over or you'll get flamed

Oh, and enter my contest!
Thanks

Last edited by TrueNE_09; 01-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome to blowout.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you so much for your help. I am trying to do it now. I see URL for email and IM. Do I just copy that and paste it in the post?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you are at Tinypic, there is an option when you upload/select the photo file from your computer that says "Forum" or something like that. I believe there are like 6 different options (that will basically determine the output size of the pic in the URL). Select Forum or whatever, but at the end of the day I think pretty much any option will work. Play around to see what size works best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrosen View Post
Thank you so much for your help. I am trying to do it now. I see URL for email and IM. Do I just copy that and paste it in the post?
Thanks
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

thanks again