Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Nube from Baltimore

Hey all,

I'm Jake. I joined back in April 2012, but never really posted on here before. I've decided to get a little more involved. I've been collecting Warren Spahn for quite a while now, but recently decided to start a Mo Vaughn PC as well. Additionally, I'm working on completing a 2008 Masterpieces patch and patch auto set. I've heard the Blowout forum is a good place for transactions, so hopefully I can get a hold of some nice stuff here.

Also, a big thank you to Blowout...in August at the National I was lucky enough to win the raffle for a bunch of free boxes, a Dave Hester autograph, a Beckett subscription, a Press Pass /25 set, and even a couple small candy bars were in there! I wasn't having much luck on my box breaks to that point, so the raffle definitely gave me something to be happy about.

Anyway, I look forward to "seeing" many of you around the boards.
Warren Spahn // Mo Vaughn // Austin Jackson // 2008 Masterpieces Patch, Patch Autos, & Framed // 2007 SP Rookie Edition Autos // 2012 Press Pass Showcase Masterpieces // My Pics: http://petmonster.zenfolio.com/
jlklemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

welcome i have just started to get serious on here also i have bought some good deals sold some things and just was envolved in a case break its like heaven for all of us card nerds lol have fun
Old 02-12-2013, 05:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Another Baltimorean! Welcome...

Which card stores do you go in the Baltimore area?
excel_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awesome, welcome aboard!

You are speaking my language - always loved Mo Vaughn (being a Red Sox guy and all) so I'd love to see that PC at some point - and I'm a HUGE fan of the Masterpieces collection, thought those were some of the best looking cards ever. You'll have to share both at some point.

Oh, and go represent MD: Where Ya From???
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel_b View Post
Another Baltimorean! Welcome...

Which card stores do you go in the Baltimore area?
Actually, I usually grab blasters at Target in Towson, but once in a while I go to Sports Card Heroes in Laurel for my set-building needs, since they stock old commons there.

Where do you go? I heard there's a nice shop in Ellicott City, and there's also one in Parkville I've been wanting to check out.
Warren Spahn // Mo Vaughn // Austin Jackson // 2008 Masterpieces Patch, Patch Autos, & Framed // 2007 SP Rookie Edition Autos // 2012 Press Pass Showcase Masterpieces // My Pics: http://petmonster.zenfolio.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlklemp View Post
Actually, I usually grab blasters at Target in Towson, but once in a while I go to Sports Card Heroes in Laurel for my set-building needs, since they stock old commons there.

Where do you go? I heard there's a nice shop in Ellicott City, and there's also one in Parkville I've been wanting to check out.
You could check Baseball Card Outlet on Eastern Blvd between 95 and 695. They do have commons and plenty of wax.

I would stay away from The Dugout Zone in Ellicott City because of high prices on wax. Great Moments in Timonium / Cockeysville is becoming a memorabilia shop. Laurel is far from me, so I usually chill out at the Outlet. Dave and Scott are cool dudes there...

I have not been to the one in Parkville - heard a rumor he would give you a discount only if you pay cash... Not too sure though.

Good luck - you will have fun here in BO.
excel_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Awesome, welcome aboard!

You are speaking my language - always loved Mo Vaughn (being a Red Sox guy and all) so I'd love to see that PC at some point - and I'm a HUGE fan of the Masterpieces collection, thought those were some of the best looking cards ever. You'll have to share both at some point.

Oh, and go represent MD: Where Ya From???
I just started my Vaughn collection, so I've got a long way to go there before I can start bragging. My Warren Spahn and my Masterpieces collections are getting pretty impressive at this point. I've got a bucket, but can I post the link here? Or does that have to go in some sort of spam section? (I was a little unclear on some of the posting rules.)

***Edit***

Oh yeah, and thanks for the contest link. I am now representing!

Last edited by jlklemp; 02-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Welcome! Im from Westminster, Maryland!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
You could check Baseball Card Outlet on Eastern Blvd between 95 and 695. They do have commons and plenty of wax.

I would stay away from The Dugout Zone in Ellicott City because of high prices on wax. Great Moments in Timonium / Cockeysville is becoming a memorabilia shop. Laurel is far from me, so I usually chill out at the Outlet. Dave and Scott are cool dudes there...

I have not been to the one in Parkville - heard a rumor he would give you a discount only if you pay cash... Not too sure though.

Sweet! Good to know Baseball Card Outlet has commons. I'll have to check it out. And it's definitely a lot closer to me than Laurel, but I work at Fort Meade so Laurel is just a stone's throw away at that point.

When I finally get to the place in Parkville I'll let you know how it is.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
Welcome! Im from Westminster, Maryland!
Nice! See post #5 above and go represent MD. Maybe we can overtake Pennsylvania for the #1 spot.

It's good to see a bunch of active Marylanders on these boards. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well, look forward to checking them out either way.

There used to be a gallery section on here for PC show off, but they closed it down, I believe. If you wanna show off some collections, you can certianly post your bucket link, or just upload scans and post directly in a new thread, within whatever respective sport section it belongs in (probably best under Hobby Talk section I guess BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK - Blowout Cards Forums).

And yeah, a couple of you Marylanders on here...but still a long way to go before you overtake PA - they are running this thing.

Quote:
I just started my Vaughn collection, so I've got a long way to go there before I can start bragging. My Warren Spahn and my Masterpieces collections are getting pretty impressive at this point. I've got a bucket, but can I post the link here? Or does that have to go in some sort of spam section? (I was a little unclear on some of the posting rules.)

***Edit***

Oh yeah, and thanks for the contest link. I am now representing!
TrueNE_09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Well, look forward to checking them out either way.

There used to be a gallery section on here for PC show off, but they closed it down, I believe. If you wanna show off some collections, you can certianly post your bucket link, or just upload scans and post directly in a new thread, within whatever respective sport section it belongs in (probably best under Hobby Talk section I guess BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK - Blowout Cards Forums).

And yeah, a couple of you Marylanders on here...but still a long way to go before you overtake PA - they are running this thing.
I added my bucket link to my signature block. I assume it's ok since I've seen others do it. Anyway, you can see my PC and a small amount of trade bait in there.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

Welcome the the forums. I live in Baltimore also.
Not true on the cash. I use paypal there. Ed gives good prices and discounts.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey all,

I'm Jake. I joined back in April 2012, but never really posted on here before. I've decided to get a little more involved. I've been collecting Warren Spahn for quite a while now, but recently decided to start a Mo Vaughn PC as well. Additionally, I'm working on completing a 2008 Masterpieces patch and patch auto set. I've heard the Blowout forum is a good place for transactions, so hopefully I can get a hold of some nice stuff here.

Also, a big thank you to Blowout...in August at the National I was lucky enough to win the raffle for a bunch of free boxes, a Dave Hester autograph, a Beckett subscription, a Press Pass /25 set, and even a couple small candy bars were in there! I wasn't having much luck on my box breaks to that point, so the raffle definitely gave me something to be happy about.

Anyway, I look forward to "seeing" many of you around the boards.

I have a signed ball from Span and quite a few Mo's - Rookies etc. Send mr a list. I moved from Crofton MD to NC
Men of Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcardsrgreat View Post
welcome i have just started to get serious on here also i have bought some good deals sold some things and just was envolved in a case break its like heaven for all of us card nerds lol have fun
I have alot old one's What ya need or looking for

Tim
Old 02-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Welcome the the forums. I live in Baltimore also.
Not true on the cash. I use paypal there. Ed gives good prices and discounts.
Awesome...thanks for the info. I noticed your name's not on the "Where ya from?" contest list under Maryland. Check out the "Where ya from?" link above in post #5 and post your name on that page. Maryland has a long way to go to catch Pennsylvania, but I've already met 2 Marylanders in the last couple days who haven't entered the contest, so I'm sure there are more out there that we can find.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Men of Troy View Post
I have a signed ball from Span and quite a few Mo's - Rookies etc. Send mr a list. I moved from Crofton MD to NC
Thanks for the info. I'm not too sure I'm into signed baseballs, but there are def a lot of Mo Vaughns I still need. I'm only looking for the higher end stuff at the moment because the low end stuff is easy enough to find in huge lots for cheap. I just bought a 1200 card Mo Vaughn lot for $25 so I assume that will do wonders for my checklist. As for the higher end stuff, this is just a preliminary list because I know there's a lot more higher end stuff:

1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold #67 (/30)
1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Pastime Power #141 (/30)
1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #2 (/30)
1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold #2 (/30?)
1997 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor #153
1997 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Instant Winner (w/ "Instant Win" stamp on front)
1998 Donruss Crusade Purple (Call To Arms) #NNO (/100)
1998 Donruss Crusade Red (Call To Arms) #NNO (/25)
1998 Leaf Fractal Foundations Fractal Materials Z2 Axis #148 (/20)
1998 E-X 2001 Essential Credentials Future #20 (/81)
1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials Now #13 (/13)
1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials Future #13 (/108)
2000 E-X Essential Credentials Now #9 (/9)
2000 E-X Essential Credentials Future #9 (/52)
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default List

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm not too sure I'm into signed baseballs, but there are def a lot of Mo Vaughns I still need. I'm only looking for the higher end stuff at the moment because the low end stuff is easy enough to find in huge lots for cheap. I just bought a 1200 card Mo Vaughn lot for $25 so I assume that will do wonders for my checklist. As for the higher end stuff, this is just a preliminary list because I know there's a lot more higher end stuff:

1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold #67 (/30)
1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Pastime Power #141 (/30)
1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #2 (/30)
1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold #2 (/30?)
1997 Finest Gold Embossed Refractor #153
1997 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Instant Winner (w/ "Instant Win" stamp on front)
1998 Donruss Crusade Purple (Call To Arms) #NNO (/100)
1998 Donruss Crusade Red (Call To Arms) #NNO (/25)
1998 Leaf Fractal Foundations Fractal Materials Z2 Axis #148 (/20)
1998 E-X 2001 Essential Credentials Future #20 (/81)
1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials Now #13 (/13)
1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials Future #13 (/108)
2000 E-X Essential Credentials Now #9 (/9)
2000 E-X Essential Credentials Future #9 (/52)
I will look and get back