Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Smile New Member

Greetings,

I have recently started an account here and would like to say that I am excited to get to know many of you guys. I have been a long time reader of threads here on this forum but only recently did I decided to sign up and create an account. I have only been collecting for a couple of years now, my father started collecting since he was a little boy and I have started collecting with him as a way to share a hobby and stay close to him since my mothers passing and since we live across the country from each other. Very excited for the upcoming weeks as Topps Chrome and Bowman Chrome will be released. If anyone has any words of wisdom, would like to warn me about some members here or would like to discuss baseball feel free to contact me. Have a great day.
Arismendy Alcantara #1 Fan
olivetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the Blowout Forum!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome man!
bballcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome to the Forums! Are there any teams or players you collect with your dad?

As far as members to stay away from: anyone named after Japanese poetry styles, and maybe jomofo... (Just kidding). Most folks here are cool, you'll have fun. Great place to talk ball and make some deals. If you need anything let us know!
Old 09-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Welcome to the Forums! Are there any teams or players you collect with your dad?

As far as members to stay away from: anyone named after Japanese poetry styles, and maybe jomofo... (Just kidding). Most folks here are cool, you'll have fun. Great place to talk ball and make some deals. If you need anything let us know!
I mostly collect just random players I like. My dad is actually a huge Dodgers fan and he collects everything from hof to prospects from the Dodgers. His favorite player is Clayton Kershaw but he also likes Puig and Henley. I try to trade or buy him any card I don't think he has or rare cards of Dodgers players. He usually sends me a box or two of wax every month for me. Thank you and pleasure meeting you.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ah... A fellow Dodger fan! Must be a heck of a guy, that dad of yours! Kershaw is a great player, best pitcher they've had since Orel. Best lefty since Koufax. I was always partial to Steve Garvey myself. Have most of his regular issue cards from back in the day (in a Dodger uni that is).

Once again, welcome! Pull up a seat and enjoy yourself! There's a 2 drink minimum, make sure you tip your hostess.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

welcome brother, great place to join
Old 09-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Welcome aboard Olivetree ...
Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Welcome,

Make sure if you want your cards to sell quick to post over eBay price. Also bump your threads once an hour at MINIMUM to reach the widest audience. If you want to make fast friends sell cards you don't even own or send high end cards out in plain white envelopes. Hopefully this all helps and once again, welcome to the boards.

End sarcasm post.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivetree View Post
Greetings,

I have recently started an account here and would like to say that I am excited to get to know many of you guys. I have been a long time reader of threads here on this forum but only recently did I decided to sign up and create an account. I have only been collecting for a couple of years now, my father started collecting since he was a little boy and I have started collecting with him as a way to share a hobby and stay close to him since my mothers passing and since we live across the country from each other. Very excited for the upcoming weeks as Topps Chrome and Bowman Chrome will be released. If anyone has any words of wisdom, would like to warn me about some members here or would like to discuss baseball feel free to contact me. Have a great day.
You might want to stay away from bowman chrome.Also watch out for the trolls.Welcome
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
You might want to stay away from bowman chrome.Also watch out for the trolls.Welcome
How ironic.... Anyways, Welcome!
silverslugger8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverslugger8 View Post
How ironic.... Anyways, Welcome!
you should be more concerned with the junk you're selling than calling me a troll.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
you should be more concerned with the junk you're selling than calling me a troll.
haha I'm making plenty of money off my cards. Besides you have been here for years and have 3 feedback? You told him to stay away from bowman chrome. That's exactly what trolling is.....
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
haha I'm making plenty of money off my cards. Besides you have been here for years and have 3 feedback? You told him to stay away from bowman chrome. That's exactly what trolling is.....
I'm making him aware of a @#$% product.You should learn what trolling is.What does my iTrader feedback have to do with anything?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm making him aware of a @#$% product.You should learn what trolling is.What does my iTrader feedback have to do with anything?
Bowman Chrome is all anyone wants on here. You're giving him false information (I am assuming sarcastically) which is the definition of trolling. You came at me about my cards and how they're junk when you have gotten 3 deals done since 2010. Clearly I'm doing something right with my "junk" cards if have 10 times as much feedback than you in a fraction of the time.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Welcome olivetree!!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Welcome to blowout!!!!!
Jake128387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Bowman Chrome is all anyone wants on here. You're giving him false information (I am assuming sarcastically) which is the definition of trolling. You came at me about my cards and how they're junk when you have gotten 3 deals done since 2010. Clearly I'm doing something right with my "junk" cards if have 10 times as much feedback than you in a fraction of the time.
this is the last post on this matter.Bowman chrome at $63 a box is not a good buy.You get 1 hit for $63.If he wants to buy singles from the product that's fine,but he mentioned boxes.
You're new here and you're getting caught up in the iTrader rating.I sell on ebay and at shows.I don't need to trade or sell here.
bowman chrome was ranked 19th out of 20 for ROI for case breaking.Which means it was the second worst product to break.Have at it.

Last edited by chezball; 09-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Old 09-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivetree View Post
Greetings,

Welcome, coolest and most down to earth introduction I've seen here yet. Best advice is try to be like a duck, let things roll off of your back. People here are tough. Most are just trying to be funny, a few just lack social skills, a lot are trolls and some are downright a-holes. I've been guilty of all at one time or another. Just take things with a grain of salt. Stand up for yourself but also admit when you are wrong if it ever happens. This place is like a disfunctional family but one that knows a ton about cards.

"Fark it, I quit".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Welcome, coolest and most down to earth introduction I've seen here yet. Best advice is try to be like a duck, let things roll off of your back. People here are tough. Most are just trying to be funny, a few just lack social skills, a lot are trolls and some are downright a-holes. I've been guilty of all at one time or another. Just take things with a grain of salt. Stand up for yourself but also admit when you are wrong if it ever happens. This place is like a disfunctional family but one that knows a ton about cards.
great advice. i get crap on here for making too many threads, others get it for asking questions, others get it for their opinions and there are just some major losers here... BUTTTTTTT, there are some awesome people who will do everything from helping you on how to use cards as an investment, to sending you free cards if they know you are set building. Be nice and respectful especially at the beginning and you will learn a lot about the business/industry/hobby, save money, laugh a lot and have fun.

p.s. actually take a look at the forum rules, especially on "bumping."
Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
MLH

Lol@starting sh*t in a welcome thread...anyway, welcome man.
MLH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Ah... A fellow Dodger fan! Must be a heck of a guy, that dad of yours! Kershaw is a great player, best pitcher they've had since Orel. Best lefty since Koufax. I was always partial to Steve Garvey myself. Have most of his regular issue cards from back in the day (in a Dodger uni that is).

Once again, welcome! Pull up a seat and enjoy yourself! There's a 2 drink minimum, make sure you tip your hostess.
My dad actually wanted to name my brother Orel and he was trying to persuade my brother to name his son when he was born Clayton so he is a big time dodgers fan. Nice to meet you and thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Hey thank you for the compliment, I will keep my eyes open, just like my avatar picture says. All families are dysfunctional to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
great advice. i get crap on here for making too many threads, others get it for asking questions, others get it for their opinions and there are just some major losers here... BUTTTTTTT, there are some awesome people who will do everything from helping you on how to use cards as an investment, to sending you free cards if they know you are set building. Be nice and respectful especially at the beginning and you will learn a lot about the business/industry/hobby, save money, laugh a lot and have fun.

p.s. actually take a look at the forum rules, especially on "bumping."
Thank you I did look at the rules hope this is the right way to response to multiple people in a thread. And well I think I will be a great addition to the hobby will be honest and I enjoy being helpful. Can't wait for topps chrome. Think is gonna be the product of the year.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #24 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums. That is great that you are collecting with your dad. Chrome will be real nice.