Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Back to collecting - Currently living in Maine

Out of the military, lots of time on my hands, and getting back into collecting
Not much local luck here , just one shop that only sells packs, and thats even rare- basically he tries to just sell boxes and doesn't bother at all with singles anymore-

Most interested in Collecting Players at the moment not sets and the players most looking to collect again are
- Deion Sanders Both sports
-All the Star players for Cowboys from 89-current
-Barry Sanders
-Ray Lewis
-Ed Reed
-Michael Jordan
-Dennis Rodman

For the moment main focus is Deion, but always up for any good deals, and have already started buying packs and getting some newer rookies Luck/RG3 etc and hoping to get into trading etc on here considering the local area community is garbage lol.
Tdono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums. Deion can be expensive to collect man good luck. Have some Cowboys cards you may like. I will send you a link later.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Thanks

Ya, but they can all be once you get into the really rare cards i guess lol, i stopped collecting late 90's dabbled a little in 2000's but my house was robbed in like 97 or 98 i forget and my entire collection was taken so im literally starting from scratch besides the few bids i won on ebay before i was smart enough to realize to look around more before bidding on lots with tons of duplicates etc, won a few newer, (to me as far as collecting again anyways too) like dez bryant d ware , its fun again just trying to be frugal considering people that started when i did , and stayed with it are all over the net and i should be able to hopefully find cheap base/sub/insert of most olderish cards

also focusing mostly besides deion himself on cowboys 89-now but i plan to go slow like, deion, irvin, aikman, emmit, etc got a couple lots of each so far im digging through - sometime soon ill get a player card list, and see where i stand and let the fun begin

sorry long message lol can't sleep and getting back into it again, its fun again. And never had a chance to do any trades/sales/buys etc online back when i was hardcore into collecting

RIP stolen Jordan collection =/

actually any suggestions on checklist/player card list whatever app, or site or whatever might be around now a days?
Old 09-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

A great site to start with is comc.com. They have a lot of cards that can not be found and the there is eBay. Good hunting and collecting has changed over the years, but with everything on the internet it is a bit easier to find big lots.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Welcome an thanks for your service. I've still got some connections in Maine (lived there for 5+ years - still go back when I can as I've got family in Milo, Corinna, and Heartland ) and we've got a few other members from Maine as well. If you've got any questions just shoot me a message
Old 09-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up Thanks for the warm Welcome

And the Support, Good to be home/out.

Anyways i was wasting HOURS using the Beckett site to look up cards, then found a pretty rare Russell Wilson in a pack of topps the #280(white jersey) and to confirm -considering for some reason Beckett has hardly any card pictures i started to browse for pictures, came across a link with comparisons which confirmed the card, then headed over to this site...COMC, its funny and awesome that you recommended it , some reason i got no e-mail about responses this thread(ill change that) so i was actually coming to suggest it to all new comers ...all you have to do (if you have OPG from Beckett) is link them , and boom searching prices just got hours faster, plus i got an idea what people are selling items for AND pictures to confirm if the card is available - so i will now only log onto the actual Beckett site when COMC doesn't have it listed and actually i guess this Wilson is really rare right now only found 2 on ebay and COMC doesnt have any

Its for sale/trade btw just sayin

Anyways had another noobie question what is all this about box breaks etc? Im assuming its popping open a whole box, but why the threads etc , do ppl chip in on a box and pick a pack and open or something? any info would be great ,

and @iluvfish2- I have no idea where any of those places are lol, Maine is huge im in the city, feels more like MA than the Maine people imagine where im located- maine is like 4 diff states in one , kind of like Cali- really nice places , really bad, coastal, canada access forest type areas etc , I'll stop rambling now - just before hitting post i think i heard of milo isn't that a mill town that kinda went under or am i way off, i could google it but no fun in that to busy pricing cards

But any info on these box breaks would be great im bouncing between phone and laptop all day today so even though im using an S4 searching forums is not the most enjoyable thing on a cell phone.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WARM WELCOME EVERYONE, will DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO OTHERS!
Retired Military-starting collecting all over again from nothing gotta stay busy currently loading cards on flickr its a work in progress https://www.flickr.com/photos/127097781@N04/ SORRY FOR ANY LATE RESPONSES JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL WAS THERE FOR A COUPLE WEEKS!!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

barberromo2008

tried to pm you but it timed out twice, so if you get spam mail from me , sorry but i dont think they went through which is why im posting here

Just wondering about that link of cowboys cards

I got kinda screwed, well very screwed by the VA so im broke until the first but have got quite a bit of newer stars/rookie/inserts to trade/sell so hopefully we can work something out ,

Thanks again.
Retired Military-starting collecting all over again from nothing gotta stay busy currently loading cards on flickr its a work in progress https://www.flickr.com/photos/127097781@N04/ SORRY FOR ANY LATE RESPONSES JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL WAS THERE FOR A COUPLE WEEKS!!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Welcome aboard.
burgbasher is offline   Reply With Quote