Configuration: 15 cards per pack.
Deadly Perils, Priceless Treasures.
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Zendikar is a new world for Magic: The Gathering. This set was designed around a theme that has never been done in a Magic set before!
- The set features new Planeswalkers, including Nissa Revane, the popular face of the Xbox LIVEŽ Arcade title Duels of the Planeswalkers.
- The set introduces new mechanics and has one returning favorite.
SET SIZE AND PRODUCT OFFERINGS
- There are 249 black-bordered cards in Zendikar. (15 Mythic Rare, 53 rare, 60 uncommon, 101 common, 20 basic lands).
- Zendikar will be sold in Booster Packs, Intro Packs, & Fat Packs (Fat Packs contain 8 booster packs).
- Starting with Zendikar Intro Pack Displays will contain 10 Intro Packs instead of 5.
- The expected contents of a booster is 10 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 basic land, 1 tip/token card, and 1 rare card. A Mythic rare will appear in the rare slot in approximately 1 in every 8 booster packs.
- Worldwide Pre-release Tournaments (September 26th - 27th, 2009)
- Worldwide Launch Parties (October 2nd - 4th, 2009)
- Worldwide Game Day (October 31st, 2009)
- Zendikar cards are legal in Constructed OP events immediately upon release (October 2nd, 2009).
- In-store merchandising program beginning early-September. Materials will include: sell sheets, posters, and other POP.
- Different rare foil promo cards will be given out with participation at Prerelease and Launch Parties. In addition, a unique promotional Planechase plane card will be given out with participation at Zendikar Prereleases.
- Internet advertising will run between the months of September-November on sites like: Wild Tangent, Runescape, Giant Realm Network, Slashdot, and Sourceforge.
- Dedicated Zendikar mini-site launch in September.
- Teaser content such as card images and artwork will be released before the prerelease to begin hype for the set.
- Mechanical teaser content in the forms of prerelease articles that tease the new cards of the set begin 4 weeks before street date.